Monday, November 14, 2011

Oh Monday...

Today was very productive in my book. I woke up bright and early to get my workout in before work. I did my ol' reliable total body circuit workout. To keep my heart rate up, I do intervals of cardio for 4 minutes before hammering out more strength moves. Here is the workout:

4 minute warm up on the treadmill

Squat to dumbbell press (2x12)
Wood choppers (2x8 per side)

4 minute sprint on elliptical

Back extensions (2x12)
Lat pull downs (2x12)

4 minute sprint on elliptical

Straight leg dead lift (2x12)
Tri-dips on bench (2x12)

4 minute sprint on elliptical

Bench press on ball (2x12)
Sumo squats (2x12)

4 minute cool down on treadmill

I followed up this workout with a protein smoothie and wheat bread with almond butter. I stuck to my guns the rest of the day and did not sway from my planned meals. I did splurge on 2 ounces of dark chocolate...it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment