Monday, December 19, 2011

Embarrassed...

Wow...I cannot believe that my last post was 1 month ago today. That is slightly embarrassing. I have been so busy since I got back from Canada. Christmas baking has been going full force since the start of December, so the gym is more important than ever for maintaining that waist line. I went after work today and did a light legs and back workout. Tomorrow, I plan on doing 30-45 minutes of cardio and abs.

For now, I will leave off with a nice recipe for quick, easy, healthy french toast.

Berry French Toast:
1 cup berries (I like blueberries)
1 egg
1 slice whole wheat bread
1 tablespoon almond butter
dash cinnamon and nutmeg

-In shallow bowl, whisk egg with cinnamon and nutmeg. Soak bread in egg mixture.
-Meanwhile, heat frying pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add bread to pan and pour remaining egg mixture over the bread. Cook till golden brown on both sides.
-Transfer toast to plate and top with almond butter and berries.

This is my go to breakfast when I have time in the morning to make it. It is such a good start to the morning and keeps me going till lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment